Thursday, November 5, 2009

POW: The Cool Cats do Boston



I'm off to Boston, MA tomorrow because your boy has tickets to see the Swell Season! Woot! I was racking my brain trying to figure out how to pay tribute to this occasion when I realized that I hadn't put up a POW post this week. Boston, performance of the week, seeing a band. All of that came together in ye olde noggin and now I'm proud to present The Cool Cats' air band performance of Boston's "More than a Feeling." For those of you who are not among the ranks of the conoscenti, let me explain.

According to wikipedia, "Playing air guitar is a form of dance and movement in which the performer pretends to play rock or heavy metal-style electric guitar, including riffs, solos, etc. Playing an air guitar usually consists of exaggerated strumming and picking motions and is often coupled with loud singing or lip-synching. Air guitar is generally used in the imaginary simulation of loud electric guitar music." An air band expands the concept of air guitar and applies it to a complete ensemble performance. You think this isn't the real deal? There are contests held around the world that judge performers' aptitudes in this subtle art. Creative, innovative, and totally fun. Enjoy one from the golden days of Scrubs. I'll see you next week!

No comments: