Monday, August 31, 2009

Stroll Down LA for (500) Days of Summer

OK. I know. The way that I've been promoting (500) Days of Summer, it probably seems that FOX Searchlight Pictures has me on their payroll. I wish. The fact of the matter is that I truly, wholeheartedly love this film. I respect what it's trying to do in a world full of The Proposals and The Ugly Truths. That being said, I bring you guys this interesting tidbit. It seems that one of the major stars of the film, LA, has been using it's 15 minutes of fame to the fullest. In a really cool bit of cross-promotion, the LA Conservancy is going to be holding a tour of the historical buildings used as locations in (500) Days of Summer in order to raise awareness for the organization, which helps preserve historic buildings.

Click here to see the announcement. Here is a link to the LA Times blog on the guided tour last weekend. Now, you're probably thinking, "Damn!I don't live in LA and this tour happened last weekend!" Don't fret, because these wonderful people put out a PDF that details how to go on your own self guided tour. Click here for the PDF. I'm really excited about this. Next time I'm in LA, hopefully soon, I'll be doing this, no doubt!

No comments: