Wednesday, September 23, 2009

My Birthday Gift to You: BattleCat



Happy birthday to me! Normally, I get really excited about my birthday, but this year has been a little rough. Lucky for me I happened upon a video that reminded me of one of my favorite birthday gifts of all time: BattleCat. When I turned 3, or maybe 4, my parents helped me complete my He-Man collection by gifting me with He-Man's trusty companion BattleCat. Thanks to them, He-Man lead the charge against Skeletor and his minions mounted on his trusty tiger of justice. In 2006 artist Robert Burden began doing a series of oil paintings about his favorite childhood toys. He recently put up a time-lapse video of himself painting BattleCat. Click here to see more of Robert Burden's work. The track that accompanies the video, Space Debris by the Blackstone Heist, is fantastic. Here now, is my birthday gift to you: You can download the Blackstone Heist's self-titled EP here for your own price. It really is a fantastic EP so feel free to donate whatever you can. It's important to support artists that are coming up in the world. However, times are tough, and the boys of Blackstone Heist were kind enough to make their music available for free. I'm indebted to Robert Burden for reminding me of what makes birthdays so special. As a milestone, birthdays allow you to look back on all aspects of your life, and even though I've forgotten to recently, I'm starting to look at the positive aspects as well. BY THE POWER OF GREYSKULL!

No comments: