Thursday, October 22, 2009

Do Not Overlook Paolo Nutini, You'll Regret It



The first time I heard of Paolo Nutini was a few years ago. Rob Thomas was plugging his first single, "New Shoes," on his website. While I enjoyed the song, I didn't really get into his album, "These Streets," at that point in time, though it did grow on me. When Paolo came back with his sophomore effort, "Sunny Side Up," he forced me to recognize the immensity of his talent. This Scottish singer/songwriter of Italian descent has a scratch in his voice that recalls but never imitates greats like Ottis Redding, Joe Cocker, and Wilson Pickett. I recommend that you guys click here to learn more about Paolo Nutini.

Check out the video for his new single, "Pencil Full of Lead," an awesome throwback to big band jazz:



And if you're like me and can't do without your acoustic performances, check this version of the song out:



Enjoy!

No comments: