Friday, October 9, 2009

Obama: Nobel Peace Prize Winner

I awoke this morning to watch the lunar missile, and was greeted with news that President Obama had been awarded the Nobel Peace Prize. I agree with most critics when they say the young president might not have had time to do enough to merit this award. However, I honestly think that after 8 years of Bush, Obama could have slapped Mahmoud across the face with his shoe and still won the Nobel Peace Prize. This is indicative that the world has high expectations from Obama, and perhaps this serves as motivation for him not to be derailed by the divisive politics and infighting within the government that has recently marred his administration's tenure. You can read all about it, including the reaction from some world leaders, here. I for one will take this news with optimism and expect better things in the coming years. Congratulations, Mr. President. I don't know if you deserve it, yet, but I hope that you earn it.

No comments: