Saturday, October 17, 2009

Inigo Amescua: Photographer, Poet, Bohemian, and Original AEIOU Champion.

Ever since I revamped the blog, the question that I get most often is, "Wow, what a great pic of the boombox! Did you take it?" The answer is no. I wish, but I cant claim that. The one responsible for that bit of awesomeness is my very dear friend and much much shorter brother :p Inigo Amescua. Inigo and I met in grad school where we hit it off immediately. He's from Spain, I speak Spanish with a lisp, we were bound to become friends.

It didn't take long for me to realize that aside from being an incredibly warm and compassionate human being, my friend was also incredibly talented. His photography is some of the best work I've ever seen. In my opinion his work is comparable to Bruce Davidson's.

Here's one of Bruce's photos:



Here's a link to one of Inigo's photos.

The reason I'm writing about my friend today is that he's recently published a new set of photos about NYC and it really is something to behold. Click here to see that I'm not exaggerating.

Here now, are a bunch of links:
His Flicker
His Studio Blog
His Poetry Blog

Congratulations buddy. You really are a talent.

1 comment:

duluoz said...

"is my very dear friend and much much shorter brother"
so it became you in my brother too.